MiniFreak is a 6-voice polyphonic hybrid keyboard that fuses two digital sound engines with analog filters, outside-the-box sequencing, and instant-access modulation in a playful, curious, and sometimes unpredictable way. MiniFreak encourages users to escape the ordinary and explore the unconventional with a 37-note velocity-sensitive keybed with aftertouch, weave intricate evolving performances with multiple modulation lanes, and discover endless sweet spots with a built-in digital FX engine – a wildly creative experience.
Unprecedented hybrid polyphony
With over 20 modes to choose from including Virtual Analog, FM, and Additive, the interplay between MiniFreak’s two oscillators can result in truly unique compound sonic behavior. With 6-voice polyphony, analog filters, and the ability to process engine 1 through engine 2, MiniFreak puts premium polyphonic synthesis exploration into a compact & tactile instrument that’s as addictive as it is powerful.
Customizable & experimental sound design
Embellishing the popular Freak modulation matrix, MiniFreak gives users even more control over shaping, transforming, and evolving their sound, with features like polyphonic ADSR envelopes, customizable multi-segment LFO shapes, FM & Ring Modulation, and the familiar Spice & Dice randomization.
Mix-ready stereo sound
MiniFreak comes with stereo outputs and 3 digital FX slots with 10 FX types to choose from. From stereo-enhancing chorus, to surgical 3-band EQ, to gritty 6-mode distortion, users will have everything they need to push their sound over the edge while keeping it mix-ready.
Expression, meet chaos
Despite its penchant for wild & exploratory sound design, MiniFreak is also built as a responsive instrument of expression. Its velocity-sensitive 37-note keybed with aftertouch and spontaneous Seq/ Arp functionality makes it a dream to perform with, while its randomization features and modulation lanes put playfulness and sonic momentum immediately at users’ fingertips.
MiniFreak comes with a dedicated VST counterpart, letting users totally integrate its unique hybrid sound into their DAW productions and vice versa. Using identical sound engines and architecture, it offers a like-for-like virtual experience of the synth itself, at no extra cost.
• 6-voice polyphony
• 37-note velocity-sensitive Slim-key keybed with aftertouch
• 2 sound Engines with 22 oscillator modes in total
• Engine 2 can be used to process Engine 1
• 1 envelope per voice
• 1 cycling envelope per voice
• 2 LFOs per voice • Polyphonic analog filters and VCAs
• 3 digital FX slots in insert or send mode with 10 FX to choose from
• User-customizable LFO curves
• Mod Matrix with 7 sources and 13 potential destinations
• OLED display for realtime visual feedback
• Intuitive 64-step sequencer (4 pages of 16 steps)
• 4 lanes of automated modulation
• Performance Arpeggiator controls including Ratchet, Octave Randomize, and more
• MIDI in/out/thru
• USB connectivity
• Sustain, audio in, and clock in/out connectivity
• Stereo outputs
• 256 factory presets
• 256 user slots