Representing three years of research, design and development alongside professional drummers and producers, the Sontronics DM-1S has been specifically created to capture all the characteristics of your snare respectively.
Together with our DM-1B condenser mic for kick drum, the DM-1S gives you everything you need to get exceptional results from your drumkit or individual drums, both live and in the studio.
The DM-1S is small-diaphragm condenser mics, each with a -10dB attenuation pad and each capable of capturing up to an impressive 135db SPL.
They are designed to capture all the classic characteristics of your drum – the snap, crack and rattle of your snare and the slap, boom and resonance of your tom tom. The two microphones have slightly different frequency response and capture to get exceptional results, both live and in the studio.
Mics are supplied with a mic clip to allow you to quickly get set up and position your mic wherever you need it, either on a mic stand or an additional rim mount.
The DM-1S is ideal for kit snare and orchestral snare drum, but users have told us that they also give incredible results on Cajon, djembe and doumbek.
• Snare drum (plus Cajon, djembe and doumbek)
- Cardioid condenser mics
- Designed specifically for snare drum and tom tom
- Also great for other percussion
- Supplied with mic clip
- Polar pattern – Cardioid
- Pad – 0dB, -10dB
- Frequency response – 30Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity – 8mV/Pa -42dB +/-2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Impedance – <=200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level – 14dB (A-weighted)
- Max. SPL – 135dB (with -10dB pad switched in) (for 0.5% THD @ 1,000Hz)
- Power – Phantom power 48V required
- Connector – 3-pin XLR
- Dimensions – 3.7 x 0.86 x 0.86″ (95 x 22 x 22mm)
- Weight – 3.1 oz (90g)