The Sontronics Mercury Tube Microphone “Vintage Edition” is a premium-quality valve/tube condenser microphone designed to sound stunning on whatever you’re recording, from solo instruments, percussion and vocals to ensemble and orchestral work, overhead and room miking, voiceover and more.
Designed by Sontronics’ founder Trevor Coley, and developed alongside top artists and producers as well as with the input of engineers at Abbey Road Studios, the Sontronics Mercury is hand-built in our UK Sontronics HQ.
Taking things “a step up” from our multi-award-winning ARIA, the Sontronics Mercury employs the highest-grade components (most of which have less than 1% tolerance, unheard of for a microphone at this or any other price) and in the standard version you get a hand-selected and tested, European-made ECC81/12AT7 vacuum tube, all of which result in absolutely impeccable results, whatever application you’re using it for. How do you make the incredible, award-winning Mercury mic even better? In creating the Limited Vintage Edition version of Mercury, the folks at the factory sourced some wonderful NOS Mullard tubes and fitted them into the Mercury body. If you’re looking for something extra special, look no further. Smooth, rich sound with scintillating detail, assembled with care and fully tested in the UK.
The Sontronics Mercury gives you an infinite choice of polar patterns from omnidirectional to figure-of-eight and everything in between, controlled via the sweepable control knob on the front of the power supply.
The Mercury also has pad (0, -10dB) and low-cut filter (linear, 75Hz) controls and a professional power supply with medical-grade interference filter, and it boasts incredibly low self-noise for a valve microphone (less than 12dB, A-weighted), making this a must-have microphone for any studio serious about achieving the best quality results.
- Valve/tube condenser microphone with variable polar patterns
- Designed to sound stunning on whatever you’re working on
- Utilizes rare new old-stock (NOS) Mullard tube
- Developed alongside top artists and producers including the input of engineers at Abbey Road Studios
- Designed and hand-built in UK Sontronics HQ using <1% tolerance components
- Polar pattern: Sweepable from omni to figure-of-eight & everything in between
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Pad: 0, -10dB
- Filter: Linear, 75Hz
- Sensitivity: 18mV/Pa -33dB +/-1.5dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: <12dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL: 125dB (for 0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Power: 115/230V
- Connector: Mic: 8-pin connector
- Power Supply: 3-pin XLR-M
- Dimensions: 9.8 x 3.5 x 3.1″ (250 x 90 x 80mm)
- Weight: Mic: 81 oz (2317g)