Our Sontronics ST-POP is a professional-quality pop filter and is an essential piece of studio equipment for anyone recording sung or spoken vocals. It has a double layer of fine nylon mesh which traditionally gives smoother, less harsh results than other metal popshields.
The ST-POP’s mesh cartridge significantly reduces the popping noises associated with plosive consonants such as ‘p’ and ‘b’. Similarly, the harshness caused by sibilant sounds – ‘s’, ‘z’, ‘sh’, ‘ch’ – is also dramatically reduced, helping you capture the best possible performance from your vocalist.
It’s also useful for limiting the sound pressure on more powerful wind or brass instruments or even drums and guitar amps.
The Sontronics ST-POP has a dual-layer nylon-mesh cartridge measuring 188mm in diameter, secured in a strong plastic frame with an angled connector. This is fixed to a adjustable gooseneck arm and features a screw clamp to fix the popshield to any size microphone stand or even the edge of a desk.
Maintenance is easy too: just unscrew the clamp at the bottom of the ring and remove the nylon cartridge. This can be cleaned in warm, soapy water and left to dry naturally.
- Dual-layer nylon-mesh popshield
- Reduces sibilant and plosive sounds on spoken and sung vocals
- Flexible gooseneck for easy positioning at any angle
- Strong screw clamp for fixing on to a mic stand
- Comes with spare cartridge
- Materials: Nylon-mesh cartridge, ABS plastic popshield frame, metal gooseneck arm and stand clamp
- Diameter: 7.4 ” (188mm)
- Weight: 16.8 oz (478g)