Our best-selling Sontronics STC-1 small-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone is ideally suited to recording instruments of any kind, from acoustic guitar to flute, trumpet, bongo or violin.
The STC-1 is designed to give outstanding results every time on solo strings, woodwind, brass or percussion instruments as well as guitar and other strummed instruments, and is also perfect for field recording, video and film work, or overhead miking on stage as well as in the studio.
Thanks to its three-stage filter (0, -10, -20dB) and pad (0, 75, 150Hz) switches, the STC-1 is one of the most flexible microphones in its class and gives impressive, professional studio-quality results for an affordable price, regularly outclassing mics that cost many times more.
As well as direct-miking various instruments, the STC-1 is fantastic for overhead and room miking, especially when used with our optional OMNI capsule. And when used in a pair – either two individual STC-1 mics or in our stereo matched STC-1S with mounting bar – it becomes even more versatile.
The STC-1 has a fixed cardioid pattern but the capsule head can be removed and replaced with our interchangeable OMNI or HYPER capsules (also available in black or silver) to turn one mic into three! With the OMNI capsule fitted, the STC-1 becomes the perfect overhead or room mic, ideal for recording ensemble, drumkit, piano or group vocals. With the HYPER capsule fitted, STC-1 takes on a much more focused pickup range, which is ideal for hi-hat, acoustic guitar and harmonica.
• Acoustic guitar and guitar amps
• Solo woodwind & strings
• Sitar, bouzouki and banjo
• String, brass or wind ensemble
• Video/film & field recording
• Foley work
• In pairs for drumkit, overhead & room miking
- Small-diaphragm condenser mic
- Cardioid pattern
- Ideal for direct-miking instruments and percussion
- With mic clip and foam windshield
- Color: Silver
- Polar pattern: Cardioid (optional OMNI and HYPER capsules available)
- Frequency response: 25Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 12mV/Pa -36dB +/-2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 16dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL: 137dB (for 0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Power source: 48V +/-4V phantom power required
- Connector: Three-pin XLR
- Dimensions: 6.3 x 0.9 x 0.9″ (162 x 24 x 24mm)
- Weight: 7.5 oz (214g)