Designed with exactly the same internal architecture as our other pencil mics, the STC-10 was purposely created to give producers and musicians an extremely affordable entry point into the ever-growing Sontronics range, without any sacrifice in sound or build quality.
Far from being a ‘basic’ microphone, the STC-10 is ideal for any spot-miking application, boasting our signature super-smooth high-frequency roll-off. It also offers excellent flexibility thanks to its two-stage high-pass filter and attenuation pad switches.
As a result, STC-10 gives superb results on acoustic guitar and other strummed instruments, solo strings, woodwind and percussion instruments, and also on guitar amps and brass. A pair of STC-10s is brilliant for drumkit and ensemble recording too.
The Sontronics STC-10 can also be used for overhead recording (on its own or in pairs) as well as film production or video work, field recording, stage productions and for all kinds of stereo miking techniques.
• Acoustic guitar and guitar amps
• Solo woodwind & strings
• Sitar, bouzouki and banjo
• String, brass or wind ensemble
• Video/film & field recording
• Foley work
• In pairs for drumkit, overhead & Room miking
- Great-value small-diaphragm condenser mic
- Fixed cardioid pattern
- Ideal for direct-miking instruments and percussion
- With mic clip and foam windshield
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Pad: 0, -10db
- High-pass filter: linear, 75Hz
- Frequency response: 30Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 11mV/Pa -39dB +/-2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 18dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL: 130dB (for 0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Power source: 48V +/-4V phantom power required
- Connector: Three-pin XLR
- Dimensions: 5.9 x 0.8 x 0.8″ (150 x 21 x 21mm)
- Weight: 4.2 oz (120g)