Our best-selling Sontronics STC-2 formed part of our initial line-up when we launched Sontronics back in 2005, and remains a firm favourite with musicians, producers and studios everywhere.
The Sontronics STC-2 is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone with a gold-sputtered 1-inch capsule and a fixed cardioid pattern, ideally suited for recording sung and spoken vocals, acoustic instruments and much more.
STC-2’s evenly balanced frequency response delivers a defined low-end and a very detailed, open top-end, accurately capturing your subject in all its colors. Like all our condenser mics, STC-2 has a characteristic smooth roll-off in the high frequencies ensuring an extremely natural presence.
The STC-2 will give you digital-friendly results that sit perfectly in the mix every time, without causing any dithering or other anomalies that you might find in other mics in the same price range. Its versatility and reliability also make Sontronics STC-2 a very popular microphone for education.
To give it plenty of flexibility and to aid its suitability for recording a wide range of sources in a variety of room sizes, the STC-2 boasts a low-cut filter switch and an attenuation or pad switch (-10dB cut).
These controls, coupled with the hand-seated capsule and the carefully crafted electronics will help you get the best from every recording, making this microphone a truly flexible all-round tool for your studio.
Sontronics STC-2 is available in brushed nickel or sleek black finish and is supplied in a foam-lined aluminium flightcase. The mic comes complete with its spider-style shockmount, which helps to isolate the sensitive microphone from any transient noise travelling through the mic stand.
If you’re after more flexibility, then try our three-pattern STC-3X Pack. Based on exactly the same architecture as the STC-2, the STC-3X microphone has three patterns (omni, cardioid, figure-of-eight) and it comes with everything you need to get started out of the box: shockmount, popshield, 5-metre XLR cable and mic pouch. If you don’t require the three patterns but you need the accessories, then the STC-20 Pack is a great choice too.
• Sung & Spoken Vocals
• Acoustic Guitar & Guitar Amp
• Woodwind and Strings
• Percussion and Drumkit
- Fixed cardioid polar pattern
- -10dB pad and 75Hz filter
- Professional studio-quality sound at an affordable price
- Versatile studio all-rounder
- Includes spider-style shockmount, dual-layer nylon-mesh pop shield, 16.4′ XLR cable, and zip-up pouch
- Color: Black
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Filter: Linear, 75Hz
- Pad: 0dB, -10dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -20mV/Pa -34dB +/-2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 18dB (A-weighted)
- Max. SPL: 125dB (for 0.5% THD @ 1,000Hz)
- Power: Phantom power 48V required
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Dimensions: 7.6 x 2 x 2″ (194 x 53 x 53mm)
- Weight: 22.2 oz (631g) (29.3 oz (831g) with shockmount)