Our Sontronics STC-3X PACK is an all-in-one microphone and accessories package, together representing the ideal solution for achieving professional-quality recordings at home or in the studio.
Our British-designed STC-3X microphone is a multi-pattern condenser featuring the three most commonly used polar patterns – cardioid, omnidirectional and figure-of-eight. These are selectable using a simple switch on the rear of the mic.
The STC-3X boasts a dual one-inch, gold-sputtered diaphragm housed in a large, open grille and its filter and pad controls make it a versatile, flexible workhorse in any recording situation.
In fact, thanks to its three-stage pad and three-stage filter as well as its three polar patterns and bundled accessories, the Sontronics STC-3X mic is a best-seller into education
The STC-3X gives stunning results on everything from male and female vocals to acoustic guitar, piano, percussion, saxophone and other acoustic instruments. It also works extremely well on spoken word, making this a great set-up-and-go option for voiceover, broadcast and podcast. All you need is an interface and some headphones!
Users tell us that the Sontronics STC-3X gives impressive results on amplified sources such as guitar amps, bass cabs and re-amping monitor outputs, while in omni mode, STC-3X is fantastic for room and overhead miking as well as ensemble recording (backing vocals, choral, instrumental, orchestral or rock band!).
In figure-of-eight mode, STC-3X is perfect for stringed instruments, for face-to-face singing or rapping, or cross-table interview, as well as for X-Y or mid-side stereo miking applications.
• Male & female vocals
• Broadcast & voiceover
• Acoustic guitar
• Guitar amps (use with care!)
• Solo strings, woodwind & brass
• Vocal and instrumental ensemble
• Solo percussion & drumkit
• Room & overhead miking
- Large-diaphragm condenser mic
- 3 polar patterns: omni, cardioid, figure-of-eight
- 3-stage pad and 3-stage filter
- Comes with free popshield, shockmount, 5-metre XLR cable and zip-up pouch
- Clear mids and highs, solid low end
- Smooth rolloff in high frequencies
- Extremely versatile
- Color: Black
- Polar pattern: Cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-of-eight
- Filter: 3-stage (linear, 75Hz, 150Hz)
- Pad: 3-stage (0dB, -10dB, -20dB)
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 16mV/Pa -36dB +/-2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 18dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1kHz): 125dB
- Power: Phantom power 48V required
- Connector: 3-pin XLR (cable included)
- Dimensions: 7.6 x 2 x 2″ (194 x 53 x 53mm)
- Weight: 21.7 oz (618g)
- 28.8 oz (818g) with shockmount