BeatStep is designed to give you the control you need whether it is in conjunction with your favorite DAW or loop triggering software, VST Instrument or Effect, Drum software, DJ application, MIDI synth or even CV/GATE equipped analog gear. The possibilities are nearly endless.
BeatStep fulfills multiple requirements for a wide variety of musicians. It is a true chameleon in that it can become many things to many people. No other compact pad controller on the market offers this level of control along with a step sequencer at such an amazing price.
Arturia’s BeatStep offers a new degree of functionality and performance for a portable pad controller.
BeatStep is highly versatile, capable of triggering clips in such applications as Ableton Live, it also allows you to play drums in conjunction with such applications as BFD or EZDrummer.
BeatStep is also a 16-step analog sequencer for creating all kinds of musical phrases to be sent to analog synthesizers, MIDI drum machines, MIDI keyboard devices, or computer programs. Its vast connectivity allows you to interface BeatStep with a computer or iPAD using USB, a drum module using MIDI or an analog synthesizer equipped with CV/GATE.
Main Features :
- MIDI controller Mode – RED LED MODE
- Step Sequencer mode – BLUE LED MODE
- 16 velocity and pressure sensitive pads
- 16 encoders
- 16 MIDI Controller presets
- 16 Sequence presets
- Works with MIDI Control Center Editor
- Internal and External clocking
- CV outputs
- USB I/O
- MIDI output
- iPAD compatibility (using camera connection kit)
- Transports can send MIDI CC or MMC
- Kensington Lock
- Standalone MIDI or CV operation when powered via standard USB power adaptor
- USB Class compliant (no drivers)