Building upon the acclaimed and well received Fader Series studio monitors, Fluid Audio launches
the FPX (Fader Pro Coax) series. The new FPX-7 Studio Reference Monitor, featuring the world’s first coaxial driver with ribbon tweeter, leads the way.
The Fluid Audio FPX7 produces the most accurate monitoring experience in it’s price range. With it’s lightning fast response, the AMT (ribbon) tweeter provides detail and depth only seen in Professional studios. What makes the FPX7 so unique, however, is that the AMT tweeter is mounted in the center of the woofer, which makes this speaker the first of it’s kind.
Coaxial drivers provide accuracy and detail because all the frequencies radiate from the exact same position in space. This is critical for accurate off-axis response, as well as phase coherence. The AMT tweeter is mounted to a custom designed waveguide, which provides wide dispersion and an expansive sweet spot. The complex, DSP controlled crossover provides a perfect blending of the woofer to the AMT tweeter, and ensures that there is effectively zero variance speaker-to-speaker. The “engine” is DSP powered.
“Ribbon tweeters have certainly been used in studio monitors before. It’s a perfect use for them, actually.
However, I’ve never been that impressed by previous executions of the idea. I’ve always felt I could do a
ribbon monitor that sort of set the standard for ribbon monitors, and I believe this coax idea does that.
You get the lightning fast response of the ribbon, and the point-source goodness of being coaxial. As a
recording musician myself, I was always a little frustrated with the way a lot monitors would ‘Hi-Fi-ize’ my
live recordings. I would record something live in a room, but played back through the monitors, it already
sounded kind of slow and dull. With our new AMT ribbon tweeter, you get that immediate, live sound that
you recorded. That, coupled with the low distortion woofer and great off axis response of the FPX7, you have
a clear, honest view into your mixes,” says Bill Loney of Fluid Audio.
- Seamless, transparent response in a compact footprint
- 7” composite cone, low-frequency driver
- Air motion transformer (ribbon) tweeter provides an extremely fast and accurate response
- Bi-amplified 140Watt Class A/B amplification (90w woofer/50w AMT tweeter)
- Acoustic Space Control lets you calibrate the FPX7 to your mixing environment ( 0, -2, -4db )
- Tweeter high frequency trim control ( +2, 0, -2db )
- Fader Volume control on front baffle for easy access
- 42Hz – 27kHz frequency response
- Front loaded slot port for directional bass response
- Amplifier standby function to conserve energy
- Frequency response: 42 Hz – 27 kHz
- Crossover frequency: 3.5 kHz
- Amplifier power: 140 watts RMS
- Signal-to-noise: > 100 dB (typical A-weighted)
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produces outward LF one displacement
- Input impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 95dBA output SPL @ one meter with volume control at maximum
- Power: Fixed 110V ~50/60 Hz or 220V~50/60 Hz
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over heat, turn-on/off transient and subsonic filter
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size (HxWxD): 10″ x 6.8″ x 7.6″
- Weight: 16.8 lbs
*The FPX7 monitor will be available in the U.S. by the end of February.